What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order Leave it to Beaver: The Complete Series (1957-1963) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I hope Beaver gets a Digital release soon. :) I have Andy Griffith, Twilight Zone, Batman, Flintstones, Jetsons, Adv. of Superman, and Hawaii Five-O (Jack Lord of course) I only watch Classic TV. :D
CBS EYE.jpg

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I hope Beaver gets a Digital release soon. :) I have Andy Griffith, Twilight Zone, Batman, Flintstones, Jetsons, Adv. of Superman, and Hawaii Five-O (Jack Lord of course) I only watch Classic TV. :D View attachment 220270
Me too. I have all of those except The Jetsons and Hawaii Five-O. I am guessing I have several dozen classic TV shows all together. Some are complete series and some aren't (usually because not all have had the entire series released as for example The Donna Reed Show, Petticoat Junction, My Three Sons).

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I hope Beaver gets a Digital release soon. :) I have Andy Griffith, Twilight Zone, Batman, Flintstones, Jetsons, Adv. of Superman, and Hawaii Five-O (Jack Lord of course) I only watch Classic TV. :D View attachment 220270
Do you have Andy Griffith on Blu-ray? Been eyeing that for a while. I have all of those others except Twilight Zone (a little too bleak for me).

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Do you have Andy Griffith on Blu-ray? Been eyeing that for a while. I have all of those others except Twilight Zone (a little too bleak for me).

All Digital, on VUDU & iTunes. (Apple TV) I got them all on Sale $10. $20. $30. :D... I wish the Classic 39 Honeymooners episodes were available Digital. :confused: I have the Bluray set. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, I could not help but comment on this, The Twilight Zone was bleak. I can understand that. The series did tell stories with twist endings that sometimes didn’t end well for the characters. But I have to say, there are quite a few episodes where a character learns something about himself that allows him to grow and move-on with his life. There’s many good examples. If you ever want to revisit The Twilight Zone, I think it’s worth the effort. I‘m sure there are curated lists of episodes that have a positive story.

dstrong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Damon
I've watched the first Season 1 disc of the Blu Ray and I can confirm that the episodes look a lot better than the DVD release. The picture quality in the Season 1 DVD was grainy, especially the indoor scenes. The Blu Ray has eliminated the grain as long as I keep the picture set at a medium contrast. The moment I boosted the contrast, the grain became a bit apparent. Overall, I am very pleased with this release.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Sorry, I could not help but comment on this, The Twilight Zone was bleak. I can understand that. The series did tell stories with twist endings that sometimes didn’t end well for the characters. But I have to say, there are quite a few episodes where a character learns something about himself that allows him to grow and move-on with his life. There’s many good examples. If you ever want to revisit The Twilight Zone, I think it’s worth the effort. I‘m sure there are curated lists of episodes that have a positive story.
Thanks. I have really enjoyed many Twilight Zone episodes, bleak or not. But when it comes to buying series, I usually only get titles I think I might want to watch multiple times. And for rewatching, I generally prefer something a little more laidback and upbeat. So I'm fine with catching the occasional episode of Twilight Zone on MeTV or streaming.

Hoytereden

Auditioning
Real Name
Dennis
I have no idea. I never seen these previews before or knew there was a voice-over. All I can think of is the producers decided it wasn’t needed , or the previews that survive, not all have the voiceover track. I’ve only seen 4 or 5 episodes so far. Maybe I’ll see another one with the voice-over.
I don’t know the exact number but I’ll say roughly 10 or so had the Hugh Beaumont voiced intros and then they went with the more traditional brief scene intro. I absolutely love the first season because it’s mostly Wally and Beaver doing things together before they both got their own friends to pal around with. Of course, Eddie Haskell was an equal opportunity creep and easily convinced both of them to get into trouble with their parents. His first appearance in the “Voodoo Curse” episode introduces his characteristics that rarely changed for the better over the entire series. By the way, it’s a hilarious episode. Beaver at his bedside is comedy gold.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i think the four main actors did a good job. but i dont think it was exceptional. the writing was good, to the point that i think most actors could have done a good job. not so with eddie haskell. ken osmond did a wonderful job, painting that character. it is no wonder he got typecast.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
I'm about 18 episodes into the first season through the blu rays. I actually have never seen the show before! This is my first time through. I'm really enjoying it! The writing and acting is pretty good, going beyond any expectations I had! It's a great slice of Americana! :)

Last edited:

dstrong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Damon
Jerry Mathers had his first TV role in a 1952 episode of "Ozzie and Harriet" at the age of four.

Attachments

• An-7gfrKfD9bRDt2ZMBG3xfHOUbDBJYrJHPAWR04sRtjTtOjUXDsZRTjL8VzNC2zwSJWge6smRwkYP0p.mp4
    2.3 MB

dstrong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Damon
I noticed the closing credits of the Season 1 episode "The Clubhouse" were the closing credits to "The Perfume Salesman."
The two female guest cast actresses in the credits were in "The Perfume Salesman" episode, NOT "The Clubhouse" episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks