What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order Leave it to Beaver: The Complete Series (1957-1963) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
61bbM8V8MLL._SL1000_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
The only way I would really be tempted to order this set was if the Season 1 and 2 episodes were better than the dvd. They had very chunky grain for those first 2 seasons. Seasons 3-6 looked perfect IMO. I'm hoping someone weighs in and reviews the set.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I certainly won't bite at that price. If reviews indicate there's some measurable A/V improvement, I *might* purchase it if the price dropped below $75. Anything more than that and I'll balk.

Gary "and I do love this series - but the DVD sets are pretty darned nice so I don't need an upgrade" O.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I certainly won't bite at that price. If reviews indicate there's some measurable A/V improvement, I *might* purchase it if the price dropped below $75. Anything more than that and I'll balk.

Gary "and I do love this series - but the DVD sets are pretty darned nice so I don't need an upgrade" O.
Yeah, I bought TAGS for around $70 and that was 8 seasons! $129 for 6 seasons of a show is a bit much.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Let's not forget, TAGS had a list price on Amazon for $129 as well, and even went up to $144, at one time. Yet for the majority of the time, it has listed for as low as $77.
Ah, I didn't know that. When I bought it, I had only seen it at $70 or so. I'll wait for LITB then. That's an extra 50 bucks I don't have to fork over to Universal. LOL

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I went ahead and pre-ordered it from Best Buy. I believe it will go down before street date, but if not I will still get it. I love this show, and I'm good with 55¢ an episode.
Now if reviews come out and it is no better or worse than the DVDs, I'll cancel.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Yeah, I bought TAGS for around $70 and that was 8 seasons! $129 for 6 seasons of a show is a bit much.
To be fair, the number of Leave It To Beaver episodes is only 15 fewer than The Andy Griffith Show (234 vs 249), as all 6 seasons are 39 episodes each.

That said, I'm hoping the price point comes down enough so I can put LITB on my Christmas wish list. I only have the first 2 seasons on flipper DVDs, as the price point in Canada has always been rather high for this series, even when on sale at U.S. Amazon. I'd love to have all 6 Leave It To Beaver seasons on Blu-ray, especially as I saw all of the episodes in syndication when I was 11 and 12 years old!

CHEERS! :)

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I went ahead and pre-ordered it from Best Buy. I believe it will go down before street date, but if not I will still get it. I love this show, and I'm good with 55¢ an episode.
Now if reviews come out and it is no better or worse than the DVDs, I'll cancel.
Someone mentioned that the first 2 seasons were not from the original masters, which is why they looked so grainy on the DVDs and that the original masters were lost. Not sure where they got that info. I just hope the same prints were not used for the bluray. Otherwise, it will only accentuate that heavy grain for the first 2 seasons.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Someone mentioned that the first 2 seasons were not from the original masters, which is why they looked so grainy on the DVDs and that the original masters were lost. Not sure where they got that info. I just hope the same prints were not used for the bluray. Otherwise, it will only accentuate that heavy grain for the first 2 seasons.
If we are thinking of the same thing that was posted, I think they said a different film stock was used for the first two seasons, which is why the additional grain. However, if treated right, the higher definition should resolve the grain better that what is seen on the DVDs, making it less muddy looking.

Last edited:

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
If we are thinking of the same thing that was posted, I think they said a different film stock was used for the first two seasons, which is why the additional grain. However, if treated right, the higher definition should resolve the grain better that what is seen on the DVDs, making it less muddy looking.
I read that as well under a separate comment. However, one person mentioned that the first 2 seasons were lost to the fire (which I know is an excuse used over and over for other properties, and I find it less plausible as a reason for the grain). I'm hoping the grain is resolved better on this set. I wouldn't mind a thin layer of grain. But on the dvd set it was so chunky, it looked like the cable reception was struggling. :laugh:

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Has anyone received their copy yet? Wondering how this set compares to the Shout DVD set. TAGS seemed like packing and design lacked quality, but then the content surprised us. Hoping the LITB bluray is at least similar in content.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Has anyone received their copy yet? Wondering how this set compares to the Shout DVD set. TAGS seemed like packing and design lacked quality, but then the content surprised us. Hoping the LITB bluray is at least similar in content.
I cancelled my order.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks