What's new

What are you listening to right now? (1 Viewer)

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
[IMG]
[IMG]

[IMG]
[IMG]

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

[IMG]
[IMG]

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Best tribute cover...ever

Thanks for posting that. Huge Metallica fan- was anxious to listen to their take on that song. I do prefer Elton’s/Bernie’s original though- Elton’s piano on the Funeral For A Friend instrumental is fantastic.

reel-to-reel

Agent
Real Name
Robert
Thanks for posting that. Huge Metallica fan- was anxious to listen to their take on that song. I do prefer Elton’s/Bernie’s original though- Elton’s piano on the Funeral For A Friend instrumental is fantastic.
I think that the original by Elton/Bernie is one of the best Rock songs ever written. Top 50, imo.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

I love John Williams' music as much as anybody. People think of "Hedwig's Theme" first when Harry Potter comes to mind because it is brilliant. That's why it became a musical signature for the series that extended beyond Willams' tenure. He also did more of the Harry films than anyone else with three.

I don't mean the following statement to sound like a knock on Williams or his work at all. But I feel like the other composers who worked on the later films don't always get enough credit for the quality of their work.

This track from the climax of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is particularly wonderful. It was composed by Patrick Doyle. Doyle had the unenviable task of being the first composer to follow Williams after he left the series. He really delivered on this track for such a critical and scary scene. I have it on now.

Credit also to Nicholas Hooper (Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince) and Alexandre Desplat (Deathly Hallows.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tennispro786
Recent bookmarks