What's new

Marantz Protection Mode (1 Viewer)

NHCondon

Auditioning
Real Name
Nathan
Hi all, my SR7000 had stopped working completely (no standby light) so opened her up and found a bulging capacitor in the power supply board. So I replaced it and the unit worked again but now has started going into protection mode.
It will turn on, play for a few minutes then shut itself off for no apparent reason.
I notice that when it is off, it makes the clicking sound randomly as if it was being turned on, so I unplugged it.
This sounds like protection mode but how does one get to the bottom of the issue(s)?
I want to avoid taking for repair because I paid so little for it to begin with!

andrew

Administrator
Real Name
Andrew
Since that's pushing 25 years old and was having electrical component issues there's not much we can reasonably suggest that isn't taking it to a professional or ditching it for a new model. At that age things just wear out and it could be any number of components or wiring issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tennispro786
Recent bookmarks